Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ritidian Point



Ritidian Point
            Last weekend my family and I went to Ritidian Point, a wildlife reserve and beach. It’s a beautiful jungle area with cliffs on one side and a narrow beach on the other. Here’s a website if you want to read more about it http://guam.stripes.com/travel/ritidian-point-gorgeous-slice-tropical-guam. My grandma, Mrs. Cindy, and my older cousin Christopher were visiting from Colorado and Hawaii at the time. They were leaving the next day, so we decided to all go for a day at the beach at Ritidian.
     
 We got there at about 10AM after going to Subway and picking up lunch. When we got there the sky looked dark and within a few minutes it started to rain. Luckily, the rain only lasted for about 20 minutes, so it didn’t really mess with our plans. The waves were really cool because they would splash up against the coral about 100 feet out. My mom, Mrs. Cindy, and Christopher went snorkeling and had a good time. My grandma was reading, and my sister was playing football. I built a sandcastle with many walls, which my dad then used as a cage for a hermit crab. We watched the hermit crab escape through the layers of walls that I had built, only to get to the outside and wander back into the ocean, where it got swept away.
            After watching the crab, I dug a massive hole and buried myself in it.
        

 Unfortunately at the bottom I accidentally crushed a crab, but found another one and captured it. The poor crab was a little confused and unhappy. We tried to put it in my castle, but when we did, it just dug a hole and we didn’t see it again.
After that Jackie, Christopher and I tossed a football for a while. We left at about 1 PM, which is pretty early, because my sister had a dog walking job. But afterward we got to go to Yogurt Land, so we had a good day.

No comments: