Monday, March 18, 2013

Texas

           For those of you who do not know, my Aunt Barbara was in a car accident and passed away on February 13.  So, we got on a plane and headed to Texas.  We pretty much spent the whole week in Austin and it was good to get back there and see everyone. I got to see a lot of my family including Jimmy, Kelly and Joey. It was a lot of fun going there besides everything that had happened there. The plane ride to Austin was pretty terrible. I never really liked plane rides anyway. But the good thing is that we got TVs on our seats so I was able to watch some movies and TV shows. We went from Guam to Japan to Houston to Austin. We had to go through customs and check our bags again in Houston and when we got to Austin, one of our bags were left in Houston. The bad thing about that was it was my suit case with my clothes in it. We got it the next day, so that was ok.
My Aunt Heather came to visit from Germany too with her younger kids. There are 3 of them and there names are Marcus, Tori and Alex. Tori is the oldest followed by Alex then Marcus. Tori had a birthday the night before she left so we had a celebration for her. We went to the zoo in Austin and it was kind of fun. There was a little train ride there that we thought went around the whole zoo so that could see everything, but instead it just took past some brush and some old Halloween decorations. We named it the lame train :-) My favorite thing that I saw there was a panther. It was really pretty and it reminded me of my old school's mascot. While we were there he was looking at Marcus like he was lunch.

Cousins from Germany


The funeral was very touching and very sad. There was a video played in memory of my Aunt Barbara, and I liked it a lot. We got home safely and this time we went through Honolulu and it was a very beautiful place. I will miss Aunt Barbara a lot and she will be dearly missed by everyone that knew her.

Friends made a great memorial video of Barb.  If you would like to view it, the link is: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200625019458824

Posted by Jackie

No comments: